I've been wanting a new dress form to help with my various fitting challenges. I did the duct tape dummy a few years ago but I've lost weight and will continue to lose so I don't want to go the duct tape route this time, plus I don't have any help right now for that. I read about how to pad up a smaller dress form and thought that would be more flexible, I can easily remove batting as needed. I will be making my daughter's wedding dress next year and will need a dress form for her as well. I found a place and ordered 3 dress forms (it was just as cheap as buying 2 seperately) and worked on my double today.
Here's what I started with:
and the supplies:
I had 2 layers of foam and had to remove one layer (except over the tummy area). I layered batting to smooth it out as best I could. She's not exact but pretty darn close and will be very helpful for fitting.
I took a picture in a form fitting blouse to compare me and Francine:
There was a little mishap at the end, let's just say the forms were cheap and the wood base broke. Luckily, I "borrowed" the bottom of my son's desk chair and rigged up a new base. He's away at college and once hubby gets back we can come up with a better solution. I like it on the rolling base better anyway.